Beetle Preference Image
Continuous Line Drawing - Blind and Acetate Line Drawing
For this sketch I started out by piercing a piece of A4 paper in the middle with a pen and left it there so that it acts as a cover so that I won't be able to see what my drawing looks like until I feel like it's finished hence the 'blind' in the title. I had to draw this using a picture I chose of a beetle as a reference, doing the sketch blind resulted in it being very abstracted and unique as I had no direction while doing it. You can also see the end and the beginning of the continuous line.
I also decided to use this sketch for task 6 in this task which is the acetate thread line drawing. For this I just simply laid a sheet of acetate over the sketch and taped it so that it would be stead and then I slowly added PVA glue and traced it with a thread, just because the thread is very flexible you would think it would be easy to trace over the sketch but it isn't, because the thread also has some limit to it's flexibility and it wasn't flexible enough to do sharp bends.
Unorthodox Continuous Line Drawing
For this sketch I was instructed to use my left hand and although it wasn't covered this time, I would say that it was harder and much more frustrating than the first because I was using the hand that I do not usually use for writing let alone drawing and having three minute timer doesn't make it easier either. As you can see because of the fact that I didn't really have much control of my hand the lines came out lighter than the previous sketch.
Orthodox Continuous Line Drawing
For this sketch I used my right hand which is my orthodox hand which then resulted to the sketch having darker and sharper lines as I had more control using my orthodox hand which also allowed for me to pay more attention to shapes. This sketch was also drawn with a 3 minute time limit however I was able to go over and perfect lines a couple of time as I was able to perfectly control where things were going.
Unorthodox Controlled Line Drawing + Wire Line Drawing
For sketch 4 I was instructed to use my unorthodox hand which is my left hand and draw draw the beetle in three minutes but this time I was allowed to take my pencil off the paper because the past three sketches were continuous line drawings meaning that I wasn't allowed to remove my pencil off of the paper until I had finished the drawing however I was still drawing with my left hand so it took longer than the others because I was able to pay more attention to it even so, the lines were still lighter than when I used my orthodox hand which resulted to the finished drawing looking like it was quickly sketched and I really like it when drawings look rough as if they were quickly sketched and that's why this is one of my favorite out of the collection.
I also decided to use this sketch as a reference to trace for my wire line drawing. For my wire line drawing I didn't it would work if I was to create the outline of the beetle fist because I thought that it would look unstable so instead I focused on one part at a time and then just wire them together once all of the parts have been made. I used fine gardening wire for this task because it was really easy to bend and wrap around itself making it easier to try and trace the lines more accurately.
Orthodox Controlled Line Drawing
For this task I used my Orthodox hand to draw which was really satisfying coming from drawing many things with your unorthodox hand. Because I was able to use and control my orthodox hand, I was able to draw from the preference image with better precision which resulted to heavier lines and more accurate shapes. Drawing with my orthodox hand was more time efficient and so was able to pay more attention to it.








No comments:
Post a Comment